Fantasea FG9X Underwater Housing for Canon G9X and G9X Mark II
Camera not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
The FG9X Housing was specially created for the Canon PowerShot G9X or the G9X Mark II digital camera.
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Made from durable injection molded Polycarbonate
- New touch screen technology
- Full access to all camera buttons with clearly labeled controls
- Access to essential contact points on the camera touch screen
- Shock resistant
- Double O-ring main seal
- Special cold-shoe mount for lighting accessories
- Removable double fiber optic cable connection plate
- Removable flash diffuser
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Moisture Detector and Alarm
- Lens Port Cover
- Hand Strap
- Lens port features a 67mm thread
- Compatible with a wide range of underwater photo accessories
- Weight (without camera on land): 619g
- Weight of housing with camera underwater (salt water): 74g
- Dimensions (without accessories): 15.7 x 11.6 x 10.3 cm / 6.18 x 4.57 x 4.1 inch (W x D x H)
- Manufacturer’s warranty included
Underwater housings for compact digital cameras are all designed with flat ports. Flat ports, however, reduce the maximum angle of view (wide angle) when shooting underwater. The Nauticam 67mm Wet Mate Dome Port restores the in-air wide-angle field of view when photographing with the G9X underwater. As it says in its name, the Nauticam 67mm Wet Mate Dome Port is a 'wet lens' which means you can remove it underwater should you run across some interesting macro subjects.
The Fantasea BigEye 67mm is also an excellent choice for this housing.
Close Up Lenses
The FG9X port has industry standard 67mm thread, which makes it compatible with most 67mm close up lenses and color correcting filters. The Nauticam CMC Compact Macro Converter is the most highly recommended lens to photograph the smallest subjects underwater. The FG9X housing is also compatible with the famed Inon UCL-165 M67 close-up lens.
The Fantasea FG9X and Canon G9X are compatible with optically triggered strobes from Inon and Sea & Sea. Mounting strobes to the camera housing requires a good housing tray, handle, and ball adaptor. We highly recommend the Nauticam Flexitray or the Nauticam Easitray and associated adaptors.
Popular Accessories Include: