Ikelite Action Housing for Canon G9X Mark I and Mark II
Camera not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
Action Housings are designed with water sports and travel in mind: built tough yet compact and lightweight.
Compact Action Housings are also perfect for the outdoor adventurer. A hard cased housing provides both protection and functionality way beyond the plastic bag alternative. And unlike a traditional dive housing, the compact Action Housing won't add excessive bulk to your backpack.
The Action Housing is perfect for white water rafting, wind surfing, mud runs, or any activity with an anti-camera environment. Also suitable for snorkeling.
- The camera's built in flash cannot be used inside of the housing. This housing is not compatible with a strobe.
Controls are provided for:
- Shutter button
- ON/OFF (Power) button
- W/T (zoom) lever
- Movie button
Touch screen can not be operated with camera in the housing.
- The scratch-resistant glass lens port provides full use of the camera's zoom range without vignetting. The front of the port accepts press-on color correcting filters and is 67mm threaded for the attachment of optional accessories.
- A custom ABS-PC blend housing with acetyl controls provides strength, UV protection, and fundamentally corrosion-free performance.
- A central 1/4-20 tripod mount on the bottom of the housing is the perfect attachment point for stabilizing trays and constant-on lighting.
- Made in the USA and individually tested for fit, function, and waterproof integrity.
Wide Angle, Macro + Filters
3-inch diameter ports feature a 67mm thread on the front for the easy attachment of external wide angle and macro wet lenses. Wide angle lenses make objects appear smaller, so that you can fit more into your frame underwater. Macro close-up lenses make small objects appear larger, so that tiny creatures will fill your frame.
Ikelite WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image).
The Ikelite W-30 Wide Angle Lens, INON UWL-H100 M67 Wide Angle Lens, and other 67mm threaded wide angle lenses, provide a wider maximum angle of view. Because these are separated from the camera's lens by glass, air, and water, some vignetting and edge distortion will be present. These effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production.
External macro lenses with 67mm threads from INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers, can be attached directly to the front of the housing's port.
3-inch diameter color filters press directly onto these ports. Most wide angle lenses require a 3.6-inch diameter color filter.
- Port cover
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Central 1/4-20 tripod thread tray mounting
- Weight 17.8 oz (505 g) without camera
- Dimensions 6 x 4.6 x 4.5 inches (152 x 117 x 144 mm)
- 3 inch (76 mm) diameter glass lens port