Nauticam Komodo Housing for RED Komodo 6K and Ninja V Monitor (excl. monitor)
SKU # 16119
|Dimensions - Standard Back (housing only)||254mm (W) x 158mm(H) x 246mm(D)|
|Dimensions - Shinobi Back (housing only)||254mm (W) x 158mm (H) x 324mm(D)|
|Weight in Air||xxx kg|
|Weight in Water (incl. camera and battery)||xxx kg|
The Nauticam Komodo Housing
The Komodo housing follows in line with Nauticam's compact cinema lineup and now becomes the smallest and lightest underwater housing for RED. The usability of this system remains unmatched with a tool-less setup and tear down in minutes. Media and batteries can be swapped without ever removing the camera from the housing and lens changes can be achieved in seconds.
The Nauticam Komodo housing uses the N120 Cinema port system, shared with Nauticam's other N120 platform cameras which allows for easy transition to the Nauticam Komodo from other N120 Nauticam systems. The N120 system also provides access to Nauticam's line of professional premium optics such as the WACP-1/2 and SMC-1/2.
The housing also features adjustable handles with easy access to the cinema style zoom and focus knobs. On top of the housing is a 1/4"-20 cheese plate which allows for a wide variety of accessory mounting
The Komodo features a Canon RF lens mount, but currently RED is only offering support of Canon EF lenses. The Nauticam Komodo housing offers full support of the Canon EF to EOS R Adaptor along with the Canon EF to EOS R Adaptor with Variable ND Filter. The left side of the housing features an easily accessible command wheel for smooth ND changes. Once RED releases RF lens support, the Nauticam Komodo housing will be ready and fully compatible.
The Komodo supports the Canon BP style batteries and the housing will fit up to two Canon BP-975 batteries for hours of run and recording time. When using the Shinobi or Ninja V-S Monitor Back, dual BP-955 can be used.. The Shinobi and Ninja V monitors support up to the Sony NP-F750 battery.
For monitoring, the Nauticam housing does allow the Komodo's built in monitor to be used for an extremely streamlined solution. Nauticam also offers a version of the Komodo housing which supports the Atomos Shinobi SDI monitor in the rear of the housing. For an external monitor solution, you can use any SDI supported monitor housing from Nauticam.
Required accessories for SDI Cable System
Recommended monitor housing
- 17921 NA-502B-S Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17924 NA-Shinobi-S Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with SDI input
Ethernet Remote Control
The Nauticam Komodo housing supports an ethernet surface feed in 5m (pole cam) and 45m (studio) lengths. Within the housing, there is space to install a small ethernet router which would allow for full control of the camera at the surface through the RedControl App.
Recommended Ethernet Cables
- 16261 Ethernet Surface Cable Set in 45m length (Incl. housing lemo bulkhead with integrated internal cable and external Duracell cables)
- 16262 Replacement of Housing Lemo Bulkhead with Integrated Ethernet Cable
- 16263 Ethernet Surface Cable Set in 5 meter length (Incl. housing lemo bulkhead with integrated internal cable and external Duracell cables)
What's In The Box:
- Komodo Housing
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II
- 90120 Housing O-ring, lubricant, O-ring remover
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Monitor Shade (only included with Shinobi monitor back)
- CR2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum system)
- Padded Travel Case
- Allen Wrench Set
- Housing Skids
- Wheeled Case with Custom fit foam insert
- 17959 Housing Mounting Ball with 1/4'' Screws
- 16701 Top Handle for E2/F/C70/BMPCC/KOMODO
- 25221 M10 Strobe Mounting Ball for Housing
- 16232 0.25kg Trim Weights for 16227
- 16233 0.5kg Trim Weights for 16227
- 25060 SDI Cable in 0.3m Length (for connection from camera to Shinobi SDI monitor