for Canon 80D
SKU # ike.71710
Ikelite 200DL Housing for Canon 80D
Camera, lens, and port, are not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
Featuring the new Dry Lock (DL) port system with a dive back rated to 60 meters / 200 feet.
- Vacuum valve included. Vacuum pump sold separately.
- TTL circuitry sold separately.
- Camera and ports are not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
- Lens gears not included
Canon cameras are known for their great ergonomics. Ikelite extended this plan underwater, providing larger controls and push buttons which are easy to access even with thick gloves. Whenever possible, controls are located in the same configuration as on the camera to replicate the muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with your camera on the surface. Control symbols laser engraved into the back of the housing will never peel off or fade even with years of use. The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing.
The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using unique universal zoom gear system
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; optional TTL circuitry provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- Two spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; right-hand handle sold separately
- Install optional Canon TTL Kit Product number 46070 for automatic TTL exposure with compatible Ikelite DS-model Strobes. Ikelite DS-model strobes may be used with this system without the Canon TTL Kit installed, but will not provide TTL exposure.
- SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
- Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
- Fiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
- Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter Product number 4403.
The included vacuum valve allows you to vacuum test the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Combined with a full view of the camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe. Our signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
The single most important upgrade is Ikelite's long awaited new Dry Lock (DL) port system. This exciting new system is even more robust and even easier to assembly than the time-tested Four Lock (FL) system. The new ports are lighter and more adaptable, and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease. If you're considering shooting professional quality lenses like the Canon EF 16-35mm Type II/III or the Canon EF 11-24mm, then the DL system is essential.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. All are lightweight and affordable. Refer to the DL System Port Chart to choose the correct gear. Zoom gears sold separately.
Due to differences in mount diameter and zoom engagement, DL and FL system ports cannot be used interchangeably. The DL port mount may be removed and replaced with old style port locks for legacy users with standard or modular ports from our Four Lock system. This modification will prevent the use of newer DL ports. The housing cannot be converted back and forth repeatedly. Re-installation of the DL port base will require the housing to be returned to Ikelite or an Authorized Dealer and may incur additional service charges.
- Underwater Housing
- Rear O-Ring # 0132.61
- Front O-Ring # 0132.45
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- 1/8" Hex Key # 0945.18
- Control + Push Button Tip Assortment # 9249
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube # 0184.2
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- All important camera functions are accessible
- Controls are not provided for: Diopter Adjustment Dial, Multi function lock switch, Flash button, Depth-of-field preview, AF area selection, LCD panel illumination button, AF operation selection button and Drive mode selection button, Metering mode selection button
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with manual flash hotshoe
- Optional TTL circuitry sold separately
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 5.1 lb (2.3 kg) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 9.1 x 7.1 x 6.5 inches (230 x 180 x 165 mm) including projections
- Ikelite Right-hand quick release handle with extension (see below)
- Straight magnified viewfinder # 6890 (see below)
- 45° magnified viewfinder Type 1 # 6891.1 (see below)
Spare Parts List (not included)
- 0132.61 Rear o-ring
- 0132.45 Front o-ring
- 9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 0184.2 Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube