Nauticam Raptor Underwater Housing for RED Digital Cinema V-Raptor 8K VV
Introducing Nauticam Raptor Underwater Housing for RED Digital Cinema V-Raptor 8K VV
The Nauticam Raptor Housing
The housing supports both the RED V-RAPTOR 8K VV and the RED KOMODO through an optional tray (16250). It is engineered in a similar fashion to previous DSMC2 LT and Komodo housings, providing the most compact and travel friendly system possible.
The Nauticam Raptor housing uses the N120 Cinema port system, shared with Nauticam's other N120 platform cameras which allows for easy transition to the Nauticam Raptor from other N120 Nauticam systems. The N120 system also provides access to Nauticam's line of professional premium optics such as the WACP-1/2 and SMC-1/2.
In addition to Nauticam's traditional full mechanical control, the Raptor housing also integrates a series of electronic controls with backlighting. These controls can access Iris+/-, Shut+/-, ISO+/-, WB on the left side of the housing and Pre-Record, FPS+/-, Playback, Play/Pause, Magnify and Tools on the top of the housing.
The RED V-RAPTOR 8K features a Canon RF lens mount, but Canon EF lenses are also supported through the Canon EF to EOS R Adaptor. The Nauticam Raptor housing offers full support of Canon RF lenses along with the Canon EF to EOS R adaptor and the Canon EF to EOS R Adaptor with Variable ND Filter or Control Ring.
Internal Monitor Support
In additional to the large window for viewing the Raptor's 2.4" LCD screen, Nauticam offers an optional rear housing back for the Portkeys BM5WR monitor (16610). This allows the monitor to be viewed by the camera operator from a natural filming position and provides an extremely streamlined system. The monitor back features control buttons to access the various tools offered by the BM5WR.
External Monitor Support
The SmallHD 503 Ultrabright or the Atomos Ninja V monitor can be mounted in the external Nauticam NA-503-S or Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S housings and be connected via SDI bulkheads and cables allowing greater flexibility when positioning the monitor on the Nauticam Raptor housing.
Required accessories for SDI Cable System
Recommended monitor housing
17925S Nauticam NA-503-S Housing for Small HD 503 Ultrabright (SDI Cables and bulkhead are included)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing (SDI Cables and Bulkhead are sold separately)
- REDVOLT Micro-V 98Wh
- Anton Bauer Titon Micro V-Mount 45Wh/98Wh/140Wh
- bebob V-MICRO 45Wh/98Wh/150Wh/200Wh
- Core SWX NANO Micro 98Wh/147Wh Lithium-Ion Battery (V-Mount)
- Fxlion NANO ONE/TWO Ultra Compact 50Wh/98Wh
- Hawk-Woods Mini V-Lok 14.4V 98Wh/150Wh Li-Ion Battery
- IDX System Technology Imicro-150 14.5V 97Wh/145Wh Li-Ion V mount battery
- SWIT PB-M98S 14.4V 98Wh Pocket Battery with D-Tap and USB Output (V-Mount)
Ethernet Remote Control
While the Nauticam Raptor housing is engineered to allow for full control by the operator, it also supports an ethernet surface feed in 5m (pole cam) and 45m (studio) lengths. Within the housing, there is space to install a USB-C to Ethernet adaptor which would allow for full control of the camera at the surface through the RedControl App.
Recommended Ethernet Cables
- 16261 Ethernet Surface Cable Set in 45m length (Incl. housing lemo bulkhead with integrated internal cable and external Duracell cables)
- 16262 Replacement of Housing Lemo Bulkhead with Integrated Ethernet Cable
- 16263 Ethernet Surface Cable Set in 5 meter length (Incl. housing lemo bulkhead with integrated internal cable and external Duracell cables)
What's In The Box:
- Raptor Housing
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II
- 90121 Housing O-ring, lubricant, O-ring remover
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- CR2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum system)
- Allen Wrench Set
- Housing Skids
- Wheeled Case with Custom fit foam insert
- 2x 0.25kg Trim Weights
- 2x 0.5kg Trim Weights
PDF Manual Download for Nauticam Raptor Coming Soon
- 16610 Nauticam PBM5III WR Rear Housing for 16120
- 16250 Komodo Camera Tray to use with 16120
- 17959 Housing Mounting Ball with 1/4'' Screws
- 16701 Top Handle for E2/F/C70/BMPCC/KOMODO/RAPTOR
- 16226 Mounting Bracket for Monitor Housing from A521407
- 25221 M10 Strobe Mounting Ball for Housing
- 16232 0.25kg Trim Weights for 16227
- 16233 0.5kg Trim Weights for 16227
- 16410 N120 to N200 Port Adaptor for Epic/Weapon LT Housings