Introducing Nauticam NA-1DXII
The Canon EOS-1DX Mark II
Canon Pro camera bodies have an incredible pedigree. Blistering frame rates and incredible low light performance are a given. EOS-1DX Mark II delivers this, and more.
Building on the previous EOS-1DX Camera, the Mark II adds several key improvements.
- Newly developed 20.2 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor
- Continuous shooting speeds of up-to-14 frames per second (fps) with Auto Exposure (AE) and predictive AF for viewfinder shooting and up to 16 fps in Live View mode
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors that transfer image data at extremely high speed for extended bursts during continuous shooting – up-to-170 consecutive RAW images at 14 fps. When shooting JPEG images you’re only limited by memory card capacity
- Capable of shooting 4K 60P and Full HD 120P video with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Enhanced wireless functionality (with the optional accessory Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8) that supports the new high-speed IEEE 802.11ac standard and the ability to easily transfer photos and videos to compatible smartphones using Canon’s Camera Connect app
- Digital Lens Optimizer to help correct aberrations in-camera (a feature that previously required post-processing on an external computer)
- Improved 61-point viewfinder AF with expanded coverage and all AF-points selectable and supported to a maximum aperture of f/8
- Improved AI Servo III+ predictive AF algorithm for better accuracy
- Continuous red illumination of all AF points within the camera’s Intelligent Viewfinder II
- Compatibility with both CF and CFast memory cards for optimal performance and versatility
In many ways 1DX Mark II is the merger between EOS-1DX, a still photo power house, and EOS-1DC, the first DSLR capable of shooting 4K video. Add to that a higher resolution sensor, AF system with improved accuracy and wider coverage area, and 4K Video at up to 60fps and it becomes clear just how incredibly capable this system can be. Professional image makers don’t have to choose between still photo or video gear – they can have both.
The Nauticam NA-1DXII Underwater Housing
Nauticam housings are evolutionary marvels, with advancements from previous systems providing the foundation that new models are built on. The new Nauticam NA-1DXII housing incorporates advances from the Nauticam housings that came before it, but features enhanced ergonomics, more and better control access, and reduced size / weight thanks to cutting edge manufacturing processes.
There is clear continuity within the Nauticam DSLR lineup, and this consistency in control layout is something that professional image makers appreciate. Whether using a 1DX Mark II, 5DSR, or 7D Mark II the control access is remarkably similar, and instantly familiar.
At first glance it seems that Nauticam engineers have literally thought of everything. The truth is, they just listen. The thousands of Nauticam users, constantly in the field, have thought of everything. The engineering team integrates this user feedback, and the product line gets better and better with every new model release.
Additional Housing Specifications:
|Flash Triggering||Dual Nikonos Bulkheads Pre-Installed|
|Vacuum System||Electronics Pre-installed|
The NA-1DXII Housing comes standard with twin Nikonos style flash bulkheads for electrical strobe triggering. An optional hot-shoe mounted LED flash trigger is available for rapid fire optical triggering (manual power) as well as the new TTL Flash Trigger which enables automatic flash triggering.
Accurate automatic TTL flash exposure has been a favorite feature of Nauticam photographers using cameras with pop up flashes, and we are excited to bring this advanced flash control functionality to the NA-1DXII housing.
Powered by a single Canon NB-13L rechargeable battery, the TTL Trigger provides approximately 150 full power flashes.
Optical TTL Strobe Compatibility:
Inon S-2000, D-2000, and Z-240
Sea & Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, and YS-01
Ease of Use
No system is easier to assemble or break down. The camera drops into the housing with a quick release camera tray. No controls need to be preset, as housing functions for dials and switches align automatically (on/off, af-m, still photo/video). The large 120mm housing port opening allows even the largest popular pro Canon wide angle lens (11-24mm f/4) to be used, and the camera can even be mounted in the housing with this large lens attached.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Premium Professional Optics
Experienced shooters know a camera is only as good as the lens in front of it, and the same is true when choosing optics for an underwater camera system. Four optically coated glass dome ports (250mm, 230mm, 180mm, and 140mm diameters) and a series of acrylic ports support popular lenses from Canon, Sigma, and Tokina. Port configurations are extensively tested at Nauticam to determine the ideal extension ring length for best performance.
For macro and super macro shooting, the Nauticam Super Macro Converter is a revolutionary accessory. This is an entirely in house design, optimized for use in water. The water contact correction offers the highest overall sharpness, free from chromatic aberration and purple fringing, with reproduction ratios exceeding 2:1 when used with a EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens.
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-1DXII as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (PN 25625), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
What's In The Box?
- NA-1DX Housing
- Spare Main O-ring
- O-ring Remover
- CR-2450 Battery (for Moisture Alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Canon Hotshoe Plug to Dual Nikonos Connectors