・Equipped with new silicone handle inserts for the firm and steady grip as standard. Silicone compound material implanted in the grip providing a firm hold.
・SA8 Fixed Ball Bases now comes standard with MDX-L series housings
・ Leak Sentinel XB, which measures atmospheric pressure inside the housing even on land, is now a standard accessory together with the conventional built-in Leak Sensor. Two alert sensors are available for your peace of mind.
For better noticeability, controls are partially colored with yellow.Compatible with the Sea&Sea, “Manual Flash Trigger/S” (optional).The camera can be mounted in the housing with its LCD monitor extended from the camera to reduce the distance between the rear window and monitor to increase visibility.
Compatible with Optical YS Converter S1
Compatible with SEA&SEA “Optical YS Converter S1” which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the SEA&SEA YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals, but also performs TTL auto light control.
Compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports.
The camera can be removed from the housing easily even if a lens with a large diameter such as the SEL1635GM is mounted on the camera without removing the port from the housing enabling you to replace battery and lens with ease.
MDXL-α7IV Other Features
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers that glow in the dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x, and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables the use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- The built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- The tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratches.
- Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
- Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
- [Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
- [Dimensions (WxHxD)] 330 x 189 x 131 mm / 13.0 x 7.4 x 5.2 inches
- [Weight] Approx. 2,800g / 98.8oz (Housing only)