Ikelite Compact DSLR Housing for Olympus E-PL8
Camera, lens, port, are not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
Ikelite packed a lot in a small package, only slightly larger than the E-PL8 camera, and just as comfortable to hold. Set up is a snap with simple, fully front-loaded camera installation.
The shutter lever has been updated to a more sensitive and natural feeling curved design. The standard control hugs the side of the housing for comfortable use when hand holding. It can be easily extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 to put it within easy reach when using a right-hand quick release handle
Vacuum Leak Testing
A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Ikelite Vacuum Kit for 1/2 Inch Holes. A vacuum kit allows you to de-pressurize the housing to check for proper assembly prior to entering the water.
Special polycarbonate blends allow us to create an extremely strong and lightweight enclosure. Polycarbonate is fundamentally corrosion-resistant for easy maintenance year after year.
Like every Ikelite product, this housing is designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced materials. Ikelite housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit, function and waterproof integrity. Ikelite backs its products with over 50 years of experience and the best service in the dive industry.
This housing accepts a variety of ports to accommodate zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses from Olympus and Panasonic. Compatible port not included.
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- All important camera functions are accessible. Controls are not provided for Fn button or Zoom button
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 1.3k not including tray, handles or port
- Dimensions 132 x 191 x 150 mm) including projections
True TTL Exposure
Since the camera is talking directly to the strobe, the camera's built-in flash does not need to fire. This dramatically increases battery life and virtually eliminates the recycle lag, allowing the camera to be triggered in more rapid succession than with optical-based systems. When shooting a fast moving object, this make the difference between going home with the shot or just talking about it.
The camera's built-in flash is not usable in this installation.
- AF35: no
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
- Non-Ikelite: yes, manual flash exposure only
- Tray with quick release handle
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- Control + Push Button Tip Assortment # 9249.3
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Lens Gear
Spare Parts, not included
- 0110 Main o-ring
- 0132.36 Front port o-ring
- 9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 9249.6 Port securing thumbscrews (set of 3)
- 0184.2 Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube