Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera (Choose Style)
SKU # can.3453C001
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- UHD 4K24p Video and 4K Time-Lapse Movie
In the Box
Defined by its notably sleek form factor, the black Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is a versatile DSLR offering an ideal mix of stills and video capabilities. Featuring a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording are possible, along with a wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. In-camera 4K time-lapse movie creation is also possible for creatively depicting subjects over time. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Within the compact body design, a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for intuitive settings control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
UHD 4K Video Recording
Employing the video capabilities, a dedicated Time-Lapse Movie mode can also be used to creatively depict subjects over a longer span of time. Interval settings between 1 second and 60 minutes are available for between 2 and 3600 consecutive frames. These individual frames can then be automatically compiled into a 4K or Full HD video file for seamless playback.
9-Point Phase-Detection AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be employed to prioritize focus on a recognized subject's eye. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 1630 shots per charge when working with the viewfinder, or approximately 350 shots per charge when working in live view.
Other Camera Features
- Creative Assist makes it easy to adjust camera settings and see the effects in real time, making it more straightforward to adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation effects and see how the resulting image will look.
- Feature Assistant and Shooting Mode Guide can be used to explain and illustrate the camera's various shooting modes in order to become more familiar with all of the capabilities.
- Smooth Skin mode offers five levels of skin smoothing to help reduce blemishes and make subjects' skin appear soft.
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Smooth Skin, Group Photo, Landscape, Sports, Kids, Close-Up, Food, Candlelight, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control
- Creative Filters: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, HDR Art (Standard/Vivid/Bold/Embossed)
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, and Japanese.
Canon Rebel SL3 Specs:
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.1 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Axis (Video Only)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 51200)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/4000 to 30 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||1 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 5 fps at 24.1 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
Up to 5 fps at 24.1 MP for up to 10 Exposures (Raw)
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p [120 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [12 to 60 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 50p/59.94p [26 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 10-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94i/59.94p
SD (640 x 480) at 59.94p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|ISO Sensitivity||100 to 12800|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AAC|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 9 (1 Cross-Type)|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-0.5 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (Pentamirror)|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||19 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.87x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +1|
|Monitor Resolution||1,040,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-2 to +2 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh (Approx. 1630 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.82 x 3.65 x 2.75" / 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8 mm|
|Weight||15.84 oz / 449 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||2.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.75 x 6.7 x 5.9"|