Nauticam NA-A7RV Underwater Housing for Sony α7RV
Introducing Nauticam NA-A7RV Underwater Housing for Sony α7RV
The Nauticam NA-A7RV Underwater Housing
The NA-A7RV underwater housing provides fingertip access to all key camera controls in a rugged and reliable aluminum underwater housing. Ergonomic camera control access is one of the defining strengths of a Nauticam housing, and the NA-A7RV continues this tradition. Essential camera parameter changes are made from the handles, without awkward reaches.
The NA-A7RV underwater housing inherits the core design elements from the Nauticam pro DSLR range, and bundles them in a more compact package. A patented port locking lever allows lens changes to be made in seconds. Opening the housing for quick battery and media changes is fast and easy with the locking housing latches. All aspects of the system are a seamless extension of the camera.
Never miss a shot looking for a button or dial. Regardless of where the control may be found on the camera, Nauticam engineers have placed that control on the housing where it is needed most. Essential dials and buttons are within easy reach of the reinforced ergonomic handles. Atop the housing, a dedicated lever allows quick switching between Still, Movie and S&Q (VFR Video) modes. A dual thumb lever near the right handle actuates the REC and AF-ON buttons and a single lever near the left handle is for PLAYBACK.
The NA-A7RV housing is compatible with both the Sony a7RV and the Sony a7 IV. To use the Sony a7 IV, the 17433UK Conversion Kit is required.
A large bore M24 bulkhead is located at the front of the housing for use with HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 (with a step-down adapter to M16) external monitors and recorders. An additional M10 threaded mounting position near the front center of the housing also makes using an external monitor even easier. The a7R V can output 16-bit RAW video output to external recorders at up to 4K 60p. See the resources sidebar for additional details and recommended setups.
Triggering of external strobes is accomplished via the integrated fiber-optic bulkheads when using the optional Mini Flash Trigger for Sony (26302). Electronic triggering is also available via an optional Nikonos or Ikelite Style Bulkhead.
Why Shoot with the Sony A7RV?
Well, at the heart of the Sony A7RV is a 61 MP full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor that produces outstanding image quality, even in low light. Its advanced BIONZ XR engine delivers unprecedented resolution, fine gradation, and low noise at a processing speed increased by 8x that of the a7RIV, ensuring you never miss a shot. The A7RV also features next-generation autofocus technology with Real-time Recognition, deep learning AI, and improved accuracy of WB control with Visible Light and IR sensor, allowing for consistently accurate exposure and color in any lighting condition.
In terms of underwater filmmaking capabilities, the A7RV is outstanding, with the ability to capture 8K 24p/25p and 4K 60p/50p footage. Its advanced optical 5-axis in-body image stabilization compensates for up to 8-stops of camera shake, allowing for smooth, stable footage, even when handheld. It also features a unique 4-axis LCD monitor combining tilting convenience and side-opening flexibility and selectable large/medium/small RAW image sizes and quality that can respond to changing conditions.
With faster, more precise wide-area AF even in low light, focus bracketing with up to 299 sequentially shifted focus points, and the ability to continuously shoot up to 583 compressed RAW images at 10 fps14, the A7RV can capture every moment in stunning detail. The full-pixel readout for 8K movies offers incredible resolution, while the precise, versatile external flash control at up to 10 fps and expressive S-Cinetone S-Log3, HLG and 10 Creative Look presets in-camera enable you to unleash your creativity. The A7RV also features human pose estimation utilizing subject form data recognition, ensuring that your subject is always in focus and perfectly composed. The improved Pixel Shift Multi Shooting mode responds to changing conditions, while the accurate exposure and color provide you with consistently high-quality images.
In terms of design, the A7RV is built to last, with high reliability dust and moisture resistance for use in challenging environments. The new anti-dust system increases dust removal efficiency, while the durable magnesium alloy chassis and reliable mechanical shutter ensure your camera can withstand the rigors of professional use.
Other features of the camera include a QXGA 9.44 million dot viewfinder with the highest resolution in its class for an immersive shooting experience. It also has dual CFexpress Type A / SDXC/SDHC compatible media slots and a dedicated Still/Movie/S&Q dial for flexible hybrid operation. With touch operation during shooting and playback, fast Wi-Fi for PC tethering, FTP, and smartphone transfers, and UVC/UAC support for high-quality webcam applications, you can easily share your shots with the world.
Designed for extended recording times, the camera also features effective heat dissipation, allowing you to shoot for longer periods without worrying about overheating. With USB PD (Power Delivery) supporting fast charging and the use of recycled materials, this camera is both sustainable and powerful.
Overall, the A7RV offers an impressive array of features and capabilities that make it an excellent choice for professional photographers and filmmakers looking for a high-performance camera that can deliver exceptional results in any situation. With its cutting-edge technology, outstanding image and video quality, and durable design, the A7RV is sure to be a reliable and valuable asset for years to come.
What's In The Box:
- NA-A7RV Underwater Housing
- 90120 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum detector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
Compatible N100-N120 Adapters
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25094 M24A3R140-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7SIII/ A7V to use with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25095 HDMI (D-A) 1.4 Cable in 170mm Length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 input
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor
NA-A7RV Recommended Accessories
- 32211 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- *32212/32214 is the most recommended.
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 26302 Mini Flash Trigger for Sony
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/D500/D5/80D/A9)
- 37202 Nikonos adaptor for NA-A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV/a2020/A7RV
- 25626 M14 Offset Connector with Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection