Ikelite SLR-DC Housing for Canon M3
SKU # ike.6973.03
Ikelite SLR-DC Housing for Canon M3
Camera, lens, and port, are not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
Ikelite underwater housing for the Canon M3 mirrorless APS-C camera.
The two biggest advantages of shooting underwater with an interchangeable lens camera are the variety of great lenses available, and the ability to connect an external flash directly to the camera. The Ikelite housing for the Canon EOS M3 is designed with these key points in mind to deliver a system that truly helps you take better photos in and under the water.
A fast and reliable strobe connection is essential to getting the shot underwater. The Ikelite Housing for the Canon EOS M3 provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Electrical strobe connection is dozens of times faster than firing the camera's built in flash and extends the battery life of the camera—which is essential when shooting a mirrorless system. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, or Inon strobes for ultimate versatility if you have multiple sets of strobes.
True Canon TTL
Only Ikelite strobes provide true TTL operation. Sea & Sea strobes, or Inon strobes will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life, but must be used in manual exposure modes only.
Two fiber optic ports are built into the front of the housing provide an attachment point for fiber optic cords from most major manufacturers. The camera's built-in flash is suitable for firing an external strobe, but not for lighting a photo underwater. Use of a fiber optic connector requires the camera's built-in flash to fire, bypassing the TTL functionality of the housing.
This housing accepts a variety of ports to accommodate all of the most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses from Olympus and Panasonic. Lens port is required and sold separately.
Control symbols laser engraved into the back of the housing will never peel off or fade even with years of use. The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing.
This housing includes a balanced aluminum tray with Ikelite quick release handle for easy attachment and removal of strobes and video lights. This unique handle is curved slightly to fit the natural curvature of your hand, and features a soft over-mold which makes it a delight to hold. The complete tray and handle detaches with the removal of two nuts for packing or to attach the optional Tray with Dual Handles.
Ikelite is the only housing and lighting system for the Canon EOS M3 that is 100% designed, built, and tested in the USA. The average assembly technician is a certified scuba diver and has over 16 years of experience building Ikelite products.
Serial number requirements
- AF35: not compatible
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
Electrical sync cord compatibility
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.52
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.1
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.32
Fiber optic cord compatibilityThe correct fiber optic sync cord will depend on the connector used by your strobe.
- INON Optical D Cable "Non-wireless type" L-Connector
- Sea&Sea Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) Product No. 50107
- Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26211 Nauticam to INON
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26212 Nauticam to Sea&Sea
- Tray with quick release handle
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- All camera functions are accessible
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 3.1 lb (1.4 kg) not including tray, handles or port
- Dimensions 6.4 x 7.6 x 5.3 in (163 x 190 x 135 mm) including projections
Spare Parts, not included
- 0110 Main o-ring
- 9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 0184.2 Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube