Move video and image files from memory card to computer over ten times faster, with sustained transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. Transfer two hours of high definition 1080p video in 26 seconds, almost 10,000 images in less than a minute or 2000 MP3 files in less than 13 seconds. Delkin's USB3.0 Universal Reader offers complete backward compatibility with USB2.0 and USB1.1, allowing for seamless integration with portable or desktop computer systems and making this the ideal companion for your present and future data management needs.
USB 3 v USB 2
USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0, and everyone wants files to transfer faster and save time, so why not move on to USB 3.0???
The answer is a little more complicated than that. It involves timing, compatibility and cost issues.
First some facts on USB 3.0
- USB 2.0 Readers and peripherals work in 3.0 slots, so all your old equipment still works. You will just get the old speed. To get the higher speed, you will need new equipment that is 3.0 compatible.
- Max transmission speed for USB 3.0 is 5Gb/sec = 625 MB/s which is called Super Speed, as compared to USB 2.0 High Speed mode, which has a max of 480Mb/s = 60MB/s
- USB 3.0 uses less power than 2.0, this will make some battery operated items connected to 3.0 last longer.
- You have to have a computer with a USB 3.0 slot turned on in order to use USB 3.0. Many new hosts like the newest Sony Vaio laptops, Apple MacBook Airs and MacBook PRO now have a
USB 3.0 slot. After a big delay it is coming into the market quickly now.
- The connector for USB 3.0 is different than the 2.0 connector. But don’t worry, the hundreds of millions of USB Reader/Writers and peripherals in the world will still fit in a USB 3.0 slot.
Your results may vary!
Many factors affect the speed that your data transfers, and most people never saw 480Mb/s (60MB/s) out of their USB 2.0 hosts. USB 3.0 will likely not deliver the fast “theoretical” speeds they promise. Hey, we don’t always get everything we want!
Improved bus architecture and a new feature called “stream protocol” and a lot of other nerdy things you don’t need to worry about along with file size and host speed are going to affect your true speed. Basically you can rest assured of at least a 3X speed increase, which as they say “ain’t bad”. Don’t set your sights on a 10X improvement and you won’t be disappointed.
Includes: Universal Memory Card Reader, USB 3.0 Cable, Quick Install Guide
Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 / XP / Vista / ME / 2000 (SP4) Mac OS9 or later
Supports the following memory card formats: CF Type I (UDMA), CF Type II
(UDMA), SD (all classes), SDHC (all classes) SDXC (all classes),
microSD,microSDHC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Micro, MicroDrive, MMC,
Memory Stick XC, Memory Stick DUO (HG), Memory Stick PRO (HG), Memory
Stick PRO DUO (HG)
FCC & CE approved