Nauticam NA-A7IV Underwater Camera Housing for Sony α7IV Camera
Introducing Nauticam NA-A7IV Underwater Camera Housing for Sony α7IV Camera
The Sony α7 IV Full-frame Mirrorless Camera
- 33MP full-frame Exmor R™ BSI CMOS sensor with BIONZ XR™ processor
- 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 video without crop
- 4K 30p 10-bit 4:2:2 downsampled from full sensor width 7K w/o pixel binning
- Real-time Eye-AF for humans and animals
- S-Log3 gamma for maximum Dyanmic Range capture
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
The α7IV's improved autofocus system borrows heavily from Sony's other α series releases of late using their Fast Hybrid AF system which combines phase-detection and contrast-detection to provide fast and accurate focus. The AF area is expanded to cover almost 94% of the frame with 759 AF-points. Sony's latest Real Time Tracking and Eye AF modes promise to provide both accurate focus tracking for stills and video. A new Focus Map feature allows for easier visualization of depth of field when filming. to help insure the critical parts of your subject are sharp.
4K 60p video captured with 10-bit 4:2:2 quality at up yo 600Mbps without crop sets the α7IV squarely with its peers in video capabilities. Adding in the option to capture 30p downsampled from the full 7K sensor width gives the user the option to choose the right mode for their shooting style. Capturing video in the S-Log3 gamma profile gives access to the camera's full 15+ stops of dynamic range for increased latitude in post processing.
In addition to upgrading the autofocus, video and still capture capabilities of the camera, the α7IV also now has the option to maintain discrete settings for video and still modes. The dedicated dial atop the camera makes switching between modes hassle free. The menu system has also been upgraded to make navigation easier and more similar to other recent models.
The Nauticam NA-A7IV Underwater Housing
The NA-A7IV is designed as an optimized solution for both underwater still and moving image capture. Outfitted with Nauticam's extensive lineup of accessories, the NA-A7IV can be customized to excel in either role. The latest in a long lineup of Sony mirrorless system housings, the NA-A7IV features the same intuitively placed controls, easy setup, and rugged reliability user's have come to expect.
Never miss a shot looking for a button or dial. Regardless of where the control may be found on the camera, Nauticam engineers have placed that control on the housing where it is needed most. Essential dials and buttons are within easy reach of the reinforced ergonomic handles. Atop the housing, a new dedicated lever allows quick switching between Still, Movie and S&Q (VFR Video) modes. A dual thumb lever near the right handle actuates the REC and AF-ON buttons and a single lever near the left handle is for PLAYBACK.
A large bore M24 bulkhead is located at the front of the housing for use with HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 (with a step-down adapter to M16) external monitors and recorders. An additional M10 threaded mounting position near the front center of the housing also makes using an external monitor even easier. The A7IV can output 4:2:2 10-bit 4K at up to 60fps to external recorders allowing for recording in edit-friendly codecs such as ProRes. See the resources sidebar for additional details and recommended setups.
Triggering of external strobes is accomplished via the integrated fiber-optic bulkheads when using the optional Mini Flash Trigger for Sony (26302). Electronic triggering is also via an optional Nikonos Bulkhead. Note that when using this with the Vacuum Valve will require the optional M14 Offset Connector with Vacuum Valve II (25026).
What's In The Box:
- NA-A7IV Housing
- 90120 Spare Main O-ring with remover tool and lubricant
- 2x Handles with Mounting Balls
- Panasonic CR2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and leak detector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual Instruction Card
- Padded Housing Bag and shoulder strap
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25094 M24A3R140-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7SIII to use with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25095 HDMI (D-A) 1.4 Cable in 170mm Length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
*25033 included in 502B-H/Shinobi-H/503-H monitor housing
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 input
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor
- 32211 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 26302 Mini Flash Trigger for Sony
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/D500/D5/80D/A9)
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod (for NA-A9/A7RIII/BMPCC/XT3)
- 37202 Nikonos adaptor for NA-A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV/a2020
- 25626 M14 Offset Connector with Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection