Nauticam Macro to Wide Angle Lens 1 (MWL-1)
Introducing Nauticam Macro to Wide Angle Lens 1 (MWL-1)
Macro to Wide Angle Lens 1 (MWL-1)
The MWL-1, similar to other Nauticam underwater optics is made from precision ground optical glass and features anti-reflective coating on both sides of the lens elements and is nitrogen purged during production.
Macro and Wide with one camera lens!
For many photographers, especially those moving up to an SLR or mirrorless system, there is trepidation at being locked in to either macro or wide angle on a dive. With compact systems that featured wide zoom range lenses that, when paired with corrective optics, could allow for wide angle or macro on the same dive. When moving to an interchangeable lens and port system you would previously have been committed to either wide angle or macro for a given dive.
Close Focus Wide Angle Impact
With the introduction of the MWL-1, not only can you switch between wide angle and macro on the same dive you can also capture unique close focus wide angle images of macro subjects. This technique works best when a macro subject can be placed very close to the lens where exaggerated perspective makes it pop out from an ordinary background.
The MWL-1 excels at smaller apertures and full-frame shooters will get optimal results at F16 or higher.
Scorpion fish with 60mm macro lens
Scorpionfish with 60mm macro lens and MWL-1
Multiple Mounting Options
With two mounting options, Nauticam's bayonet system or one of two available flip mounts, the MWL-1 can be quickly engaged or disengaged or even swapped for an CMC-1, going from wide angle to super macro in seconds.
MWL-1 with Bayonet Mount System
MWL-1 and CMC-1 on Dual Flip Mount
The compact size, ease of use, focus range and incredible field of view make the MWL-1 the perfect travel friendly wide-angle option. When heading to a primarily macro destination, bringing the MWL-1 along ensures you'll never miss that spontaneous wide angle shot and presents even greater creative options for close focus wide angle images of macro subjects.
The MWL-1 is perfectly sized for travel
User Manual Download
What's In The Box:
- MWL-1 Lens
- M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter (83213)
- Neoprene Port Cover
- Rear Lens Cap for WWL-1/MWL-1 (83221)
- Bayonet Mounting Ring for MWL-1
- Carrying Bag
- Cleaning Cloth
- M67 Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86221)
- Double Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86222)
Recommended Bayonet Lens Holders for Strobe Arms:
- Bayonet Mount Lens Holder for Arms (83222)
- Bayonet Mount Double Lens Holder for Arms (83223)
- Bayonet Mount Lens Holder for Inon Float Arms (83227)
- Single Bayonet Lens Holder for 70mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72231)
- Double Bayonet Lens Holder for 70mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72232)
- Single Bayonet Lens Holder for 90mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72241)
- Double Bayonet Lens Holder for 90mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72242)