Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ Lens
SKU # oly.V314040BU000
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- One HR Element, One ED Element
- MSC AF System, Manual Focus Clutch
- Electronic Zoom, One-Touch Macro Mode
- Programmable L-Fn Function Button
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 5-Blade Diaphragm
Ideal for Movie and Still Photography; Splash and Dust-proof construction utilizing ED glass; MSC focus Mechanism with Electric Zoom function; 52mm filter, uses LH-55B Hood; Featuring metallic construction and a light weight of 10.7 oz.
When used with the Nauticam Macro Port for Olympus 12-50mm this lens may be used in power zoom mode to adjust from 12 to 50mm focal length. When set to macro mode, the lens will be fixed at 43mm focal length.
Have a look at our Knowledge Base article for a hands-on review of this lens for underwater imaging.
A versatile zoom with unique handling capabilities, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ from Olympus is a 24-100mm equivalent lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Complementing the flexibility of the zoom range, this lens is also characterized by its Electronic Zoom control, for smooth constant zooming movement, as well as a One-Touch Macro Mode button, which gives direct access to a close-focusing setting to permit photographing subjects as close as 7.8" away. This 12-50mm also distinguishes itself through the use of a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements to control a variety of aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods.
- Wide-to-tele zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-100mm equivalent focal length range.
- The lens construction incorporates one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two aspherical elements, one extra-low dispersion element, and one high refractive index element into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- Electronic Zoom control uses a linear motor to produce smooth, dramatic zooming effects to complement your video recording. A sliding ring is used to switch between mechanical and electronic zooming methods.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- A One-Touch Macro Mode button allows you to work within a 7.9-19.7" focusing range, along with a maximum magnification of 0.36x, to benefit photographing close-up subjects.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust- and splash-proof design ensure the lens's performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
|Mount Standard||Micro Four Thirds System Standard|
|Focal Length||12-50mm (35mm equivalent focal length 24-100mm)|
|Lens construction||10 Elements in 9 Groups
- DSA lens, 2 Aspherical lenses and ED Lens
|Angle of View||84 - 24 Degree|
|AF System||High-speed Imager AF (MSC)
- Linear Motor Drive System
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.35m (at Normal Mode)
0.2m (at Macro Mode)
|Maximum Image Magnification||0.36x (at Normal Mode)
0.72x (at Macro Mode) 1:1.4
|Minimum Field Size||36 x 48mm|
|Number of Blades||5 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f3.5(12mm) - f6.3(50mm)|
|Filter Size||Diameter 52mm|
|Dimension||Diameter 57 x 83mm|
|Box Contents||Lens Cap (LC-52C), Lens Rear Cap (LR-2), Instruction Manual, Olympus Worldwide Warranty Card