Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Lens
SKU # nik.2202
Regular Price: $1,399.95
Instant Savings: $3.00
- Advanced, compact f/4 fixed aperture FX-format telephoto zoom. Capture high performance photos and HD videos in any light; ideal for portraits, sports, wildlife, travel and distant landscapes.
- Classic 70-200mm focal length range. An essential addition to every passionate photographer’s zoom kit.
- Nikon’s first VR (Vibration Reduction) lens with up to 5 stops of image stabilization. Shoot at shutter speeds up to an astounding 5 times slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper handheld photos and HD videos.
- Remarkably compact, lightweight design. Just 30 oz and 7.0-in. long—ideal for carrying on long outings.
- Edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX- and DX-format cameras. Optimized for Nikon’s FX-format full-frame D-SLRs but equally superb on DX-format cameras (angle of view equivalent to 105-300mm).
- Excellent close-up performance. Focus as close as 3.28 ft. from your subject with a maximum magnification of 1:3.6x; capture even the smallest subjects while maintaining a comfortable working distance.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Ultra-fast, ultra-quiet and precise autofocus operation with seamless manual focus override.
- Nano Crystal Coat. Reduces ghosting and lens flare for greater clarity and contrast.
- 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements. Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC). Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch. Quickly switch between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF). Focus without changing the length of the lens; maintain working distance throughout the focus range.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm. Create beautiful softly blurred backgrounds (bokeh) with a more natural appearance.
- Optional RT-1 Tripod Collar Ring. Provides ideal balance and lets you rotate the lens/camera combination easily when switching from horizontal to vertical shooting.
- Part of an exceptional f/4 zoom system. Pair it with the AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR or AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR for a high-performance, compact f/4 zoom system.
- HRI (High refractive Index) Lens Element. Essential for keeping the lens compact while offering high contrast even at maximum aperture.