Ikelite NiMH Substrobe DS160, EU
SKU # ike.4060EU
Order the strobe with the proper version of charger for your area; UK, Australia, EU, or north America.
Order this product for E.U.
The DS160 series strobes are specifically designed for underwater use to provide the most colorful and natural wide angle lighting on the market. A professional grade round xenon flash tube and powder coated reflector produce perfectly a soft, stunningly warm 4800K light.
Optional accessories for corded, fiber optic, or remote triggering.
The built-in modeling light automatically turns off and back on when taking a still photo to avoid over exposure.
Our famous quick-release toggle system eliminates attaches the battery pack with ease and confidence. A high capacity rechargeable NiMH battery pack provides longevity and rapid firing that no set of AA batteries can provide.
Both our DS160 and DS161 strobes are legendary for their ability to keep up in rapid firing situations—a cut above any flash on the market. Electrical sync connection and a high-capacity battery pack provide the speed you need to capture fast moving subjects like sharks and sailfish at just the right millisecond.
When combined with a compatible TTL system, the DS160 automatically adjusts brightness to provide perfect exposure whether you're shooting macro, portrait or wide angle. Focus on your camera settings and composition and enjoy the increased number of flashes and even faster recycle time you'll get when working with a TTL system.
Recycle Time + Battery Life
NiMH batteries are work horses, and a great choice for high powered rechargeable devices due to their performance and reliability at a more affordable price point than lithium ion. This high capacity battery pack provides professional quality power and speed flash after flash, well beyond the capabilities of even the best AA-cell batteries.
Shooting full power flashes? Expect a lightning fast 1.6 second recycle time and over 225 flashes on a single charge. Shooting TTL or in a fractional power setting? You'll get very close to instantaneous recycle time and up to 3X as many flashes... plenty for a day of diving! This battery recharges in half the time of its Li-Ion counterpart for quick topping off before your night dive.
Our famous quick-release toggle system attaches the battery pack with ease and confidence, making a flooded battery virtually impossible.
The included Smart Charger for NiMH accepts variable voltage in the 100-240V range. Smart charging provides safety and helps to increase the lifetime of the pack by switching over to a trickle charge when the battery pack is fully recharged. Feedback on charging cycle is indicated by an LED on the front of the charger.
This charger is compatible with NiMH battery packs only. (Chargers designed for NiMH or NiCad batteries cannot be used with Li-Ion technology.)
- DS160 strobe front
- Rechargeable NiMH battery pack
- 1" Ball Mount is now included!
- Smart Charger for NiMH with E.U. a.c. plug.
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- 2 year limited warranty on DS160 strobe
- 1 year limited warranty on NiMH battery pack, charger, arm + sync cord
- 328 ft / 100m depth rating
- TTL mode with compatibe Ikelite TTL systems
- Manual power modes in 10 1/2-stop increments
- 205 lumen LED modeling light
- Color temperature 4800K
- Guide number 24 m at ISO 100
- Coverage angle 90° without diffuser - 100° with diffuser
- Over 225 full power flashes per charge
- Up to 3X as many flashes per charge in TTL or fractional powers
- Lightning fast recycle time 1.5 seconds or less
- Ikelite ICS 5-pin bulkhead
- Rechargeable 7.2V 3300mAh NiMH battery pack
- Fast 2.5-hour recharge time
- Dimensions 3.75 inch diameter x 7 length in (96 x 179 mm)
- Weight 2.7 lb (1243 g)
- Slightly negative buoyancy in salt water
- Ikelite 0591.3 Diffuser
- Ikelite 0132.36 Battery pack o-ring
- Ikelite 0083.92 Smart Charger NiMH
- Ikelite 9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Ikelite 0184.2 Silicone lubricant 2cc resealable tube