for Sony Alpha a7 II, a7R II, a7S II
SKU # ike.6843.72
Ikelite Housing for Sony Alpha a7 II, a7R II, a7S II
Camera and port not included; shown for illustrative purposes only.
Due to differences in lens and control placement, this housing is only compatible with the newer "Mark II" version Alpha 7 series cameras.
A fast and reliable strobe connection is essential to getting the shot underwater. This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. The bulkhead connection has been moved to the top of the housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on the cord ends. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, or Nikonos strobes for ultimate versatility.
True Sony TTL
Only Ikelite strobes provide true TTL operation. Sea & Sea strobes, or Inon strobes will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life, but must be used in manual exposure modes only.
The Lens Support You Want
It couldn't be faster to change ports than this system—just press the port on and snap the four locks closed. This housing accepts a variety of ports to accommodate all of the most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses from Sony, Canon, Sigma, and more. Our custom optical grade acrylic domes provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight.
Shown with camera, lens, and port (not included)
Our new soft touch lobed zoom knob puts a unique system of universal zoom gears right at your fingertips. We provide two zoom sets with each housing, one for use with most popular larger diameter zoom lenses and a second designed for use with smaller diameter zoom lenses. Both sets are lightweight and easy to install with no modification to the lens required. A variety of dome and flat ports attach with four locking latches for maximum security and quick changes between dives.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port is not included.
A compact mounting tray attaches to the camera's tripod attachment point and slides into the front of the housing simply and securely. The mounting tray features a 1/4-20 tripod mount so that it doesn't need to be removed when you switch to surface photography.
Sony created a fantastic control set for this camera series, mimicked in the housing by larger controls and push buttons which are easy to access even with thick gloves. Whenever possible, controls are located in the same configuration as on the camera to replicate the muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with your camera on the surface. Control symbols laser engraved into the back of the housing will never peel off or fade even with years of use.
With a system of this caliber, a tray with handle is essential for the attachment of lighting and comfortable handling in a wide variety of shooting scenarios. This housing includes a balanced aluminum tray with our signature quick release handle for easy attachment and removal of strobes and video lights. This unique handle is curved slightly to fit the natural curvature of your hand, and features a soft over-mold which makes it a delight to hold. The complete tray and handle detaches quickly with the removal of two screws for travel. A new modular tray provides a 1/4-20 tripod mount and allows for the attachment of a second right-hand handle to the existing tray.
See the O-Ring Seal
An o-ring works best when it's true to its original form. Our signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. For added reassurance, there's no substitute for inspecting the actual o-ring seal through the back of your housing once it is closed. Polycarbonate is fundamentally corrosion-resistant for easy maintenance year after year.
We are proud to offer the only housing and lighting system for Sony Alpha a7 II series cameras that is 100% designed, built, and tested in the USA. Our housings are handmade and individually inspected for fit, function and waterproof integrity. The average assembly technician is a certified scuba diver and has over 16 years of experience building Ikelite products. We back our products with over 50 years of experience and the most accessible and responsive customer service staff in the dive industry.
- Ikelite AF35: not compatible
- Ikelite DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- Ikelite DS51: yes
- Ikelite DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- Ikelite DS160, DS161: yes
- Ikelite DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
Electrical sync cord compatibility
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.52
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.1
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.32
- Aluminum tray
- Left-Hand Quick Release Handle with rubberized grip
- Port hole cover
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 5509.27 Universal zoom set up to 2.8-inch diameter
- 5509.28 Universal zoom set 2.8 to 3.0-inch diameter
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- Micro-fiber lens cloth
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- All important camera functions are accessible
- Controls are not provided for AF/MF/AEL switch lever, Control wheel, or Diopter Adjustment Dial
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with integrated TTL circuitry
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 5 lb (2.3 kg) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 9.1 x 7.1 x 6.1 inches (230 x 180 x 150 mm) including projections
Spare parts, not included:
- 5512.68 Spare o-ring set with main o-ring, port o-ring and lubricant
- 0132.59 Main o-ring
- 0105 Port o-ring
- 9104.5 Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 0200.91 Housing body cap
- 0184.2 Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube