Nauticam NA-A7SIII Underwater Housing for Sony A7SIII
Introducing Nauticam NA-A7SIII Underwater Housing for Sony A7SIII
Nauticam NA-A7SIII Underwater Housing
Nauticam is the leader in producing intuitively designed precision manufactured aluminum underwater housings for the Sony a7 camera line and continues to innovate with the new NA-A7SIII housing.
The NA-A7SIII is designed to maximize the video-centric capabilities of the Sony a7S III camera while maintaining it's strong still image potential. The NA-A7SIII is built around the N100 port system that is shared with the rest of the Nauticam underwater housing lineup for the Sony full-frame mirrorless a7 series. The N100 system includes a dull range of both macro and wide-angle ports as well as delivering access to the lineup of Nauticam's professional wet optics that are optimized for underwater imaging such as the WACP-1/2 and the SMC-1/2 lenses. These optics deliver unparalleled image quality underwater expanding what is possible with the powerful a7S III camera.
The a7S III can output 16-bit raw video signal over HDMI and the NA-A7SIII features an M24 bulkhead that supports the HDMI 2.0 standard. This allows the NA-A7SIII to be used in conjunction with either a recording monitor such as the Atomos Ninja V in the NA-NinjaV housing via HDMI 2.0 or standalone monitors such as the SmallHD 502 Bright in the NA-502B housings via HDMI 1.4.
Optional Magnifying Viewfinder
The a7S III camera features an updated 9.44M-dot OLED viewfinder with a 120fps refresh rate. Nauticam's line of optional magnifying viewfinders, available in both an angled 45º (32203) or straight 180º (32201) configuration provide enhanced viewing ability as well as a dioptric adjustment knob that can used underwater. Installation can be achieved without tools in less than a minute.
Nauticam engineer's Mission Control design philosophy means controls are intuitively placed where they are needed most regardless of their position on the camera. The NA-A7SIII features a double thumb lever within easy reach of the right handle that triggers the AF-ON and RECORD controls of the camera. A thumb lever on the left side toggles the PLAYBACK button. The back panel of the housing provides access to all other rear camera controls including a multidirectional pad.
Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-A7SIII as standard equipment. With the addition of the optional M14 Vacuum Valve (25624) this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
What's In The Box
- NA-A7SIII Underwater Housing
- 90120 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum dector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
PDF User Manual Download (COMING SOON)
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod Legs
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 26302 Mini Flash Trigger for Sony
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor (required to use Nikonos 5-pin Bulkhead)
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin Bulkhead with Universal Hotshoe Connection (X and Ground Connection Only)
- 37305 N100 to N120 35.5mm Port Adaptor II (NA-A7SIII is not compatible with 37303 or 37301 N100 to N120 Port Adaptor)
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25094 M24A3R210-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7SIII to use with Ninja V housing)
*Support RAW 16bit 4.2K (4264 x 2408) up to 59.94p output
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25095 HDMI (D-A) cable in 170mm length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
*25033 is included in NA-058/502H/ 502B-H monitor housing