Introducing Nauticam NA-Z7
The Nauticam NA-Z7 Underwater Housing
Nauticam has produced a variety of housings for Nikon DSLR cameras and is not new to the mirrorless format. Nauticam has created housings for mirrorless full frame, APS-C and MFT format mirrorless cameras from a variety of camera manufacturers. The NA-Z7, just as Nikon's Z6/7 cameras is an evolutionary step in underwater housings blending the Nikon F mount and new Z mount seamlessly in one housing.
F and Z Mount Support
The Nauticam NA-Z7 housing allows not only the use of the new Z mount Nikon glass but also the F mount lenses with the Nikon FTZ Adapter. This is critical as the new Z mount lenses are being phased in over the next few years. The Nauticam NA-Z7 housing features two lens release buttons that correspond to either F or Z mount lenses. When switching between F and Z mount lenses, the camera must be removed from the housing to remove the adapter. When working within either the F or Z mount system use the appropriate lens release button to switch lenses without having to remove the camera from the housing. A vacuum system reset switch is located below the tray as well so there is no need to open the rear of the housing during lens or port changes.
The NA-Z7 is part of the N120 port system which allows for full support of Nikon F mount lenses with the same ports needed for their application on Nikon SLR housings. As Z mount lenses become available Nauticam will add supported configurations.
The NA-Z7 comes with Nauticam's self powered manual flash trigger preinstalled. The flash trigger plugs into the hot-shoe of the camera and uses LED lights recessed into each of the two optical bulkheads to trigger supported underwater flashes when used with the correct fiber optic connection. The flash trigger is powered by coin cell batteries that provide thousands of flashes per battery. The flash trigger can be upgraded to support TTL triggering (PN 2638 TTL Converter for Nikon).
HDMI Video Output
The Z7 camera supports 10 bit HDMI video output at UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) at up to 30p. An external monitor or recorder can be used with the optional standard M16 HDMI bulkhead (PN 25033), HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length (PN 25036) which come standard in any Nauticam monitor housing package.
What's In The Box:
- Nauticam NA-Z7 Housing
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 90122 Housing O-ring, lubricant and removal tool
- CR2032 Battery (for vacuum system)
- Padded Travel Case
- Allen Wrench Set
- 32201 Nauticam 180 straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45 viewfinder
- 26308 TTL Converter for Nikon
- 85201 0.36x Wide Angle Conversion Port with Aluminum Float Collar (incl. N120 to N100 port adaptor)
- 86201 Macro to Wide Angle Lens 1 (MWL-1) 150 deg. FOV with full frame 60mm macro lens
- Various electrical bulkheads
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25036 HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length
- (Both 25033 and 25036 are standard accessories in Nauticam monitor housing)
Vacuum and Leak Detector System Tutorial