Inon Underwater Micro Fisheye Lens UFL-M150 ZM80
The Inon 'underwater insect-eye lens' for compact digital cameras is now available. This new lens provides a 150° ultra-wide angle fisheye view for a whole new perspective on macro subjects as close as 0 cm. Simply attach the lens using the appropriate Inon mount base and adapter, set your camera's zoom position to approximately 80mm (35mm film equivalent) and let the fun begin!
Unlike standard fisheye lenses, the UFL-M150 ZM80 lets you fill the frame with very small subjects while still getting a fisheye view of the surroundings. The lens barrel is threaded to adjust the lens position to accommodate different cameras. Since the UFL-M150 is an afocal conversion lens, your camera's autofocus remains fully functional and the S-TTL functionality of Inon strobes is totally compatible.
The Micro Fish-eye lens works well with the Fix S95 housing. In this case, use the 67mm adapter and a 52mm to 67mm step-up ring.
Requires one of the following:
A complete compatibility chart for this lens is available from Inon.
Before purchasing UFL-M150 ZM80...
This product is not like conventional fisheye lens. Please read through below to understand the characteristic this product before purchasing it.
- This lens is designed to capture a full frame view of a small subject to obtain so-called “insect eye lens imaging”. So its optical design makes lens diameter relatively small and provides minimum aberrations when the subject is very close to the lens. If you intend to shoot underwater landscapes, use a standard fisheye conversion lens.
- This product is designed for underwater use only and is not usable on land. Use a tank or bathtub filled with water when conducting test shots on land.
- When shooting, zoom towards to telephoto side at approximately focal length 80mm (35mm film equivalent) until no vignetting is observed. Shooting at wide angle setting will give you a circular fisheye image (view angle 150°).
- Since the lens has small diameter and enables focus at 0cm from a subject, the depth of field gets very shallow when shooting only a few mm away from a subject. In such a case, it is recommended to use small aperture setting.
- This product is not compatible with any of INON “Lens Holder” due to the threaded adjustment feature.
- This lens is not compatible with the built-in camera flash when not using an external strobe since the built-in flash light could be blocked depending on housing, shooting distance or angle of view etc.
Using the UFL-M150
Ryo Minemizu has written an excellent UFL-M150 tutorial to help you get the most out of this unique fish-eye lens.
Inon reports that they have tested this lens and it is compatible with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ lens on micro-four-thirds cameras. It is not compatible with other miro-four-thirds lenses.