UW Technics Optical/Electrical TTL Converter for Nauticam Housings for Nikon Cameras
NN-2/IS supports both optical and electrical strobe triggering and is compatible with popular strobes from Inon and Sea & Sea. In this case, optical strobe triggering is the way to go. The full functionality of the system is supported, and it eliminates the problematic electrical sync cables from the equation.
For Nauticam underwater housings for Nikon D4 and D4S, we recommend UWT-NNV2/D4S.
Most of the supported Nikon cameras have a pop up flash, and when used with these compatible strobes already offer automatic flash control. In these cases the main advantage of the flash trigger is speed. The recycle time of the camera's pop up flash is no longer a limitation, meaning continuous shooting and rapid fire sequences are now possible!
TTL is undoubtedly an important feature, but there is no disadvantage in manual flash modes when you want them. This one product can serve as both a TTL Trigger (with optical or electrical sync) AND a manual flash trigger.
UW Technics TTL Converter is easily installed in Nauticam housing
UW-Technics TTL Advantages:
- Continuous Shooting (in both TTL and Manual Modes, up to the capacity of the external flash for continuous shooting)
- Faster Shooting response
- Increased Camera Battery Life
- Less Heat, and Lower Risk of Fogging
- Increased Reliability Over Traditional Electrical Sync TTL Options
Inon D-2000, S-2000, Z-240
Sea & Sea YS-D1, YS-D2
- Compatible cameras: All Nikon DSLR cameras
- Compatible underwater housings: Nauticam Housings for Nikon D600, D610, D7100, D7200, D800, D800E, D810. The NN-2/IS is NOT compatible with NA-D5 or NA-D500
- Compatible underwater strobes: Inon D-2000, S-2000, Z-240, Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2
- TTL outputs: 2 optical LEDs, 2 electric wire connectors
- Maximum Fiber-optic cable length for “TTL” operation: 3m
- Maximum Fiber-optic cable length for “MANUAL” operation: 35m
- Fiber-optic cable type: Single-core cables, multi-core cables
- Camera pop-up flash operation: Also available (always have a back up)
- ISO camera range: 50-25,600
- Serial shooting: Available
- Switching “ON/OFF”: Automatic by camera command
- Battery type: CR2032 (2pcs.)
- Battery capacity (+20°C): 5-7 years, or 75,000 flashes.
- Operation temperature: -30°C to +40°C.
- Dimensions of main board: 63mm x 50mm x 13mm.
- Weight: 25g (excl. batteries).
Support for other strobes coming soon!
For installation instructions see our Knowledge Base Article and have a look at our Image Gallery for sample images.